EPRUI Biotech Co. Ltd. supplies two types of hydroxyl magnetic beads:
- Magnetic beads with rich silanol Si-OH groups on the surface
- Magnetic microspheres treated with rich –OH functional groups
Magnetic Beads with rich silanol Si-OH groups on the surface
The structure of magnetic beads functionalized with rich silanol groups is typically core shell type. The core is superparamagnetic Fe3O4 nanoparticles which is coated with silica layer as shell.
This type of magnetic microspheres is superficially functionalized with rich silanol groups. They are specially designed for nucleic acid extraction and isolation. Magnetic beads functionalized with Si-OH groups can quickly isolate nucleic acid under the condition of high salt and low pH in the solution by hydrophobic interaction, hydrogen-bond and electrostatic interaction with proteins and other contents in biological samples. Our magnetic silica beads for DNA extraction are safe and easy to operate, especially suitable for automated and high-throughput applications.
It can be used to:
- DNA extraction from blood, tissue, plant and microbiology
- RNA or DNA isolation from virus
- Plasmid DNA purification
Magnetic Microspheres treated with rich –OH functional groups
The structure of magnetic beads functionalized with rich hydroxyl groups is typically sandwich type. The inner core is monodisperse polymer microspheres. Magnetic oxide layer is in the middle between uniform polymer microspheres and the outermost layer which is hydrophilic and hydroxyl functionalized polymer layer.
We use highly uniform polymer microspheres as panel which makes sure the magnetic beads with uniform particle size.
It can be used to:
- Isolate and purify biological macromolecules
- Graft carrier of other functional groups
- Narrow particle size distribution
- High Reproducibility
- Good Biocompatibility
- Superparamagnetic and high magnetic response saving operation time
(Saturation magnetization is greater than 40emu/g )
- Excellent nucleic acid binding capacity( greater to 20ug DNA/mg Beads) to ensure the extraction effect
- Easy to disperse and suitable for automated instrument of nucleic acid workstation
|Brand||Product Name||Code No.||Particle Size||Functional Groups||Core||Shell||Solvent||Recommended Buffers|
|EPRUI-MagOH||Hydroxyl Magnetic Beads||100020||200nm||-OH||Polymer/Fe3O4||Polymer||DI Water||PBS, Tris-HCl and H2O|
|EPRUI-MagSi||Silica coated Magnetic Beads||110020||200nm||-SiOH||Fe3O4||SiO2||DI Water||PBS, Tris-HCl and H2O|
How to Use
Use a mixer that provides rotation of the tube to ensure that the magnetic beads do not settle in the tube before use.
Avoid air bubbles during pipetting.
Storage & Shelf Life
Store at 4-8℃
Do not freeze or dry into powder